DEBATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to voice your opinion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlog

Forum Chat

Go down 
+2
aly_aly_o
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5351

Forum Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Congrats, squasbanana! It took no time at all for me to accept your application to become a moderator! Let's hope you have fun with your new position of authority!
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
Pripyat
Pripyat

DEBATES Points : 5251

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:10 pm

I'd like to second that. Congratulations, squashbanana! I know I'll have fun working with you.

Well, I think I'm going to call it a day for the Internet and get my homework done. This is Pripyat signing out!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 pm

I should do the same thing and complete that disgusting load of homework I was assigned in my absence from school. Good night, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: My day   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Good evening, debaters. Cool

Today was abysmal for me. To begin my day, I woke up late with less than 6 hours of sleep behind me — which honestly, is quite habitual for me. However, I had been exhausted all the day before, and that led to me feeling particularly exerted this morning. Hurriedly, with incomplete homework unsettling my tired mind, I rushed into the shower, slipped on some clothes, and got my things ready. After running to catch my bus, I got to school, still a bit groggy, and rushed to finish my homework, which, after all, didn't have to be done for that day. My first class was geography class, and hurray, I had a group presentation to do. The idea of talking in front of 25 strangers I'd being seeing nearly every day for a year merely added to my stress (though the presentation did go well). The rest of my day was just planned boringness: a work period in science class, taking notes in theatre class (who does that?), and having to endure an overly easy and monotonous French class.

To conclude my day, my first Debate Club meeting took place! Although, I hadn't known about it and was thus distressed when I found out, as my mother wouldn't know of my location and I didn't know how to get home. I left the meeting early with a stupid excuse, as I felt wrong and uncomfortable not knowing what to do after the club concluded. I tried calling my mom's work to no avail, so I then decided to walk in the rain to the bus station that would likely take me home. I got lost. I therefore looked for an area I knew my way around in (being in a new part of town and all) with the hope that I'd be able to pinpoint a bus that would lead me to my abode. After a 15-minute walk, I reached the highway and couldn't go any farther. There was one last bus stop before the highway, but with my luck, there was one seriously creepy dude waiting inside of it. Pretending to not be waiting for the bus and standing awkwardly in the field next to the stop, I waited for him to ascend onto his own bus before I could examine the bus stop's schedule. It turns out that the creepy guy went on the bus I needed. I consequently had to wait 30 minutes for the following bus.

I soon discovered the time and that my mom had probably already arrived home from work, which caused me to wonder if she was worrying about me.

Finally, the bus came along and dropped me off at a shopping centre a fair distance from my residence, so I walked the rest of the way home. Now here I am at my house. Hello!

Anyway, I apologize for my rant, but I just felt like venting. Actually, I pretty much just felt like sharing a semi-interesting story with you guys. Maybe brighten your days, you know? That and I don't keep a journal. xD Regardless, I hope that your Mondays were better than mine. Razz
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

DEBATES Points : 5267

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Ah, bugger. I hate it when I have days like that. I feel your pain, Admin, as I too have experienced multiple depressing scenarios this week, and I just generally feel drained from the ol' school routine. Doing the same thing over and over again came become not only dull but saddening. It almost makes me feel as if I'm wasting my life sometimes.

Ugh, how emo. lol!

Anyhow, I hope that you've been having more luck since that episode and that the rest of the week will treat you well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Halloween   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:05 pm

What does everybody plan to do on Halloween? Are you attending a school-held dance or a house party; are you getting together with friends to watch horror movies; or are you maybe even going trick-or-treating?
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

PostSubject: Halloween   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm becoming tremendously excited for Halloween! I've always loved the holiday, yet the shopping for candy and costumes can be strenuous at times. Overall, it's normally great though. My plans for All Hallow's Eve this year are relatively simple. I just returned from a (crappy) school dance where everyone was pretty rude and just... obnoxiously teenage, lol. And tomorrow is my homework day... But Sunday? I'm gonna get together with a few mates and watch horror classics till my eyes bleed. I love you Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Have fun!   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:37 pm

Sounds like you have quite an amusing Halloween planned!

Yesterday, I went to a party at my friend's house and watched a couple of scary movies there. Although, today, a group of my friends convinced me to go trick-or-treating with them, even though I personally think we're too old. Razz Nevertheless, it should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The brain   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:36 pm

While playing around on Google, I found an interesting article on brain health, which can be found at the following link: http://4mind4life.com/blog/2008/02/06/50-ways-to-boost-your-brain-power/. Moreover, it would probably be wise to give this article a quick peruse as well: http://4mind4life.com/blog/2008/02/22/50-things-that-kill-brain-cells/.
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

PostSubject: Thanks   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Ah, thanks for the link! Next time, I'll think twice at a concert before shaking my head around wildly — don't wanna lose them ol' brain cells! But yes, there were some very interesting tidbits of info in those two articles, such as the inclusion of eating nuts, eating less, deep breathing, and self-hypnosis as brain boosters. Hmm, maybe I should give self-hypnosis a try. Do you know what it entails, exactly? What a Face
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:40 pm

You know, I just wanted to inform you all that I'm not dead and that I really miss this site. It was pretty fun, actually. Just when I began to fully enjoy the forum, it died. Now I await its resurrection.

Admin, if you receive an e-mail notification from this post, please respond to me as soon as you see it. Thanks. Smile

Miss you all,

squashbanana cat *purr*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Ah, squashbanana, 'tis an honour to see your British vocabulary on these boards once again. Very Happy
Indeed, I too miss the times of posting on DEBATES, but after pretty much a month, the activity boiled down to only our posts; our traffic was only from random Googlers and bots; and there were long periods of complete silence on the boards. I guess we all just got tired of everything on here.
But... it really would be nice if this forum were revived. But I truly do think it's merely a thing of the past. pale
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Happy Birthday, Pripyat! jocolor If you ever see this, I wish you the best! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Chat   Forum Chat - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Chat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2