DEBATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to voice your opinion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlog

School Chat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5351

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: School Chat   School Chat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm

The DEBATES staff would like to acknowledge the upcoming school year to our student users. For those of you who are still getting an education, we started this thread so you could discuss your anxieties about the adventures to come over the next 10 months. Is everybody ready?

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New title)
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
Pripyat
Pripyat

DEBATES Points : 5251

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Not quite ready   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I've got all my back-to-school clothes ready--I just need to buy my supplies. Anyway, I'm going into eleventh grade, and I'm not really worried. The only thing makin' me nervous is the extra work I'll be getting. Sad But other than that, I have a crowd of friends and an open mind. I can't wait till September. bounce
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

DEBATES Points : 5267

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Wow   School Chat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:35 pm

I'm barely able to believe I'll be going back to school soon! I have less than a week before I go back on the 6th. Damn, L.O.L.! If only there were a way to extend the length of my break... Oh, well. I get to back to school and see my friends, and I'll also be privileged with the ability to observe my crush from afar again. This year, I hope something sparks between us. *sighs*

I'm such a girl. Rolling Eyes

Anyroad, I have all my gear collected and new clothes picked out. The new school year makes me feel fresh and brand new. Well, until the homework starts piling.

Tomorrow's September and the days are getting shorter, but I guess it can't be summer all the time. If that were the case, it'd get boring fast. I guess I'll just enjoy things in moderation.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: How's school?   School Chat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:27 pm

How's school going for you two? Do you have any homework yet? We'd love to hear any first-day stories too.
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Reply   School Chat Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 pm

School's actually been surprisingly amusing. I've even been blessed with little amounts of homework. Anyhow, I've just been relaxing for the previous couple of weeks, just lounging about. I don't really have an interesting first-day story to share with the rest of the forum, for which I am sorry. rabbit

Currently, I am satisfied with my school, but I don't believe it will stay that way. As a matter of fact, I only have one teacher who looks like she doesn't want to eat me. Let's hope that doesn't change.

In summary, yes, I am quite enjoying school for the time being, and I wish everybody much social and academic success throughout the remainder of the school year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pripyat
Pripyat

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Excellent... *in Mr. Burns's voice*   School Chat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:23 pm

My first day of school was great! I was allocated shockingly nice teachers (except for my math teacher, who pretty much matters the most) and there are some interesting new people too. Ah, and there's this one cute guy in my Spanish class... Embarassed

pig But, anyway...

(don't ask about the pig emoticon - I had an urge)

So far so good in terms of homework as well. Although, I did notice that evil glint in my math teacher's eye... Something's a-brewin'.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: School   School Chat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:13 pm

I'm really enjoying school at the moment, and it hasn't become stressful yet. cheers Although, I do have homework to do at the moment, and that's giving me the dreaded "Sunday feeling".

Despite only knowing a couple of people at my new school, I'm getting along pretty well with everybody. However, most of the guys are totally obtuse and just generally disgusting and perverted. Oh, well. To be honest, I was expecting that. As of now, it seems like I'm getting along better with people a grade above me, so I don't know if I'm special or not. Needless to say, they're more mature than the average person my age, and I respect that.
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Chat   School Chat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Gee, it sounds like you have more homework than me!

Hanging out with older people is totally cool. I always liked hanging out with people older than me, and for the exact same reason as you too! And yes, you do seem very mature for your age, which is... 14?! Surprised Shocked

silent Never would have guessed. ;D
Back to top Go down
Pripyat
Pripyat

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Chat   School Chat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:52 pm

It surprised me when I found out he was 14 as well. Although I was also surprised when I found out he was a boy. xD No offence, of course--it's a compliment, actually. I thought only girls were capable of intellectual dialogue. Surprised
Back to top Go down
aly_aly_o

aly_aly_o

DEBATES Points : 5217

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: yea.....   School Chat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:10 pm

long time no type. sorry you guys haven't seen my avatar round here in a while. been busy....

so yea, i just wanted to announce that i will be posting more often and you'll all be pleased to read what i think about well, every topic this site has to offer. i'll just say that i personally, am pretty dang excited. mind i don't have a lot of free time with school and all, but this site is worth it!

ps, love the new design, classy... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: aly_aly_o's return   School Chat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Thank you, aly_aly_o. We're glad to see your return. Perhaps some of the other "lost" members of DEBATES will follow your example and finally come back. One member hasn't even returned since the opening day of the site! Surprised

Anyhow, let's hope that you are able to remain an active member of the community. We'd love to hear more of your opinions in debates. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: "School Chat"   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Just to give everybody a heads-up, I renamed the title of this topic "School Chat", as I though that this would be more relevant to the present school status of our student users. School has been in session for nearly a month now, so I deemed it appropriate to make this change.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Yayness   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Oh, goody! I now have a designated area on the forum to vent about my school-related anxieties, and I therefore won't annoy anybody with my tales. Thanks, Admin! I think that this is a wonderful feature!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: My pleasure   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 pm

It's my pleasure, squashbanana. After all, as the site administrator, I am obligated to cater to the needs and wishes of every user. Plus, I think that I'll also take advantage of the opportunity to discuss my pre-test apprehensiveness and homework stress with an understanding crowd.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Chat   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 pm

As a result of the perceived importance of this topic, do you think that it should be labeled as a sticky? Or sorry, "special" (on this site)? tongue
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Perhaps in the near future   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 pm

If this topic receives continued support and use from the DEBATES community, I will likely label this as a special topic so that its access will become both easy and permanent.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: School Blues   School Chat Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh, my goodness! It's so great to finally be back on the forum! Very Happy I can't wait to get back in touch with all of my fellow debaters.

The past couple of weeks have been absurdly busy for me. To illustrate, I've had had about 7 considerable tests and 4 assignments due. No wonder I've been feeling apprehensive for the past while! Although, the stress is now fading away, and I'm left with a sense of accomplishment and utter bliss. I have nothing on my mind now — only my plans for Halloween weekend. However, this feeling of happiness will soon disappear, as I have one test in French on Monday (though I'm a pretty fluent speaker, it still worries me), I have to finish reading John Steinbeck's novella Of Mice and Men for English (which I haven't yet begun tongue), AND I have a trigonometry project due Thursday for math.

On the bright side, Take Our Kids to Work Day is Wednesday where I live! Huzzah! rabbit

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Poor you!   School Chat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Awh, mate, I feel for you! Of Mice and Men may be a classic, but it's a very tedious book to read! And that Lennie fellow's cluelessness gets old quite quickly. This year, my class is required to read Leo Tolstoy. I mean, really?! Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Tolstoy   School Chat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:40 pm

Oh, the Russian writer Leo Tolstoy! I once tried reading Anna Karenina, but it was far too dull. Oh, and the constantly changing nicknames for people! So confusing! Anyway, what book of his must you read?
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: War and Peace   School Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:10 pm

This year, my English class is reading War and Peace — the English translation, obviously. Razz But I'm not sure if we'll read anything else by him in later years...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

School Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: School Chat   School Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School Chat
Page 1 of 1