DEBATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to voice your opinion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlog

Black History Month

Go down 
2 posters

Is Black History Month necessary?
Yes
Black History Month Vote_lcap0%Black History Month Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Black History Month Vote_lcap75%Black History Month Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Unsure
Black History Month Vote_lcap25%Black History Month Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Back

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5351

Black History Month Empty
PostSubject: Black History Month   Black History Month Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:52 pm

February marks a very special time for many African-Americans. It's a time for the public to come together and remember all that has been accomplished by African-Americans in history. However, some people think it merely attracts unnecessary attention to African-Americans and causes the segregation it was intended to prevent.

Tell us what you think. Is Black History Month necessary?
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
Pripyat
Pripyat

DEBATES Points : 5251

PostSubject: Barely   Black History Month Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 pm

My friends and I always mock the point of Black History Month. "Wow, your race is just recreating the attention they're trying to eliminate." None of my black friends even think Black History Month is relevant anymore, and it pretty much just makes everybody hate all that has been achieved socially, politically, and scientifically by the great African-Americans who've lived. Why? Almost nobody likes history, and when any kind of history--no matter how interesting--is shoved down the throats of students, they despise it almost immediately. Mandatory learning makes children hate school and whatever's taught in it.

K, so in summary, yes, it's important for everyone to remember all that has been done in history. But the race card just produces segregation immediately. I thought the point of equality was seeing everybody on the same level and not paying attention to the color of one's skin. Black History Month is an oxymoron, in sorts.

lol!

^Sorry, I love that dude.
Back to top Go down
ojdkfi
Anonymous

PostSubject: 110%   Black History Month Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:45 pm

If Black History Month isn't necessary, neither is Gay Pride or any other event for minorities. Racism is still plentiful where I live, and people elsewhere still haven't come to appreciate African Americans. All minorities don't get the respect they deserve, and I think these events make people aware of their important contributions to society.

Until everybody is equal, it should be this way.
Back to top Go down
tom
Anonymous

PostSubject: my opinion   Black History Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:14 am

i think we're attracting attention to the different races through things like this- we're just putting emphasis on the racism that would otherwise be overlooked. in reality, all humans are part of the same race- homosapien.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black History Month   Black History Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black History Month
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DEBATES :: Debates :: Human Rights-
Jump to: