DEBATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to voice your opinion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlog

Homework

Go down 
2 posters

Is homework necessary?
 Yes
 No
 Only if schoolwork is not completed in class
 Unsure
View results
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5350

Homework Empty
PostSubject: Homework   Homework Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

A kid's arch nemesis may very well be the daily homework they are allocated, but it is certainly an important part of growing up and the international curriculum. Nonetheless, today's homework has been the subject of speculation by many researchers. Do kids get too much homework? Is the homework too easy? Is it too hard? Some even argue that homework puts too much of a strain on the younger members of society and should be totally or nearly eliminated.

Tell us what you think. Is homework necessary?
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
squashbanana

squashbanana

DEBATES Points : 5266

Homework Empty
PostSubject: The Secret Evils of Homework   Homework Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Although I haven't looked very far into this matter, there is research that affirms the proposition that homework imposes a negative effect on children's (and teens') learning. After 6 1/2 hours at school, which doesn't include transportation time, kids just want to sit back and enjoy their childhoods before they're out in the work world. While I do agree that, within reason, some amounts of homework should be given to teens, children in the younger years should not have to deal with the burden of homework. Do you honestly think they'll remember what they were taught in such early grades? Assign one worksheet to them every one in a while - that should suffice.

God, by now, everyone must think of me as a cynical grump. Suspect
Back to top Go down

Homework
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DEBATES :: Debates :: Education and Testing-
Jump to: