DEBATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to voice your opinion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlog

CHICKEN OR EGG?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aly_aly_o

aly_aly_o

DEBATES Points : 5217

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: CHICKEN OR EGG?   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:39 pm

what came first? bitches.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5351

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: THE EGG!   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 pm

The egg came first. I don't believe in creationism, so my beliefs lie in the theory of evolution. Therefore, according to evolutionary hypotheses, a fully developed organism cannot appear out of thin air. That means that the egg of the modern chicken, Gallus gallus domesticus, appeared before the adult bird itself.

Although, the species didn't appear as it is overnight; evolution consists of gradual genetic mutations in the offspring of a population.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
squashbanana

squashbanana

DEBATES Points : 5267

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: EGG!!!   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself, Admin.

Bitch.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Pripyat
Pripyat

DEBATES Points : 5251

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: Egg, probably   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Oh, the infamous causality dilemma. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? I'd like to believe there is a god, but there's strong evidence against his existence. There have been remnants of former, extinct species, and the ancestors of current organisms. If evolution is true, the chicken didn't come out of nowhere, right? It had to evolve from a eukaryote, then a fish, then blah blah blah, until it finally reached its current state in the form of an egg. It had to hatch before it could develop into a chicken, right?

Bitch. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yo Face
Anonymous

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: ?   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Unless you can go back in time and see for yourselves what exactly happened, you can't really 'prove' anything.
Back to top Go down
Yo Face
Anonymous

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: !   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Bitch, lol.
Back to top Go down
Me
Anonymous

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: Reply   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:12 pm

What a Face

I think this question's been done too much, as nobody has ever come up with an indisputable response. Why? It's impossible to explain with "faith", which proves nothing, but science is still too weak to give conclusive evidence for evolution.
Back to top Go down
sharetips333

DEBATES Points : 5138

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHICKEN OR EGG?   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 am

Hi, it is a very old and interesting Question.
Attempts to answer it, however, and attempts to get around implications of the simple answer are often quite convoluted.

According to the Creator of chickens, and the author of the Record of their origins, chickens came first. It was on the Fifth Day of Creation Week that He created "every winged fowl after [their] kind" (Genesis 1:21) complete with the DNA to reproduce that kind. Then He "blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply" (v.22) using that DNA. For the chickens this meant lay chicken eggs. Problem solved.

Chickens are amazingly complex creatures, with their hollow bones, intricate feathers, four-chambered heart, continuous air intake, high metabolism, complex brain, good hearing, superb color vision, etc. Modern domestic chickens aren't very good flyers, having been bred to stay home, but neither were the recently wild forefathers of chickens from which they were bred. Everything about a chicken suggests careful design.

Even a chicken's egg is well designed. The embryo nestles safely inside, surrounded and cushioned by amniotic fluid and nourished by the yolk. Metabolic wastes are insulated from the rest, while oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged across the hard but porous shell.

Intraday Tips
Nifty Tips
Mcx Tips
Back to top Go down
http://www.sharetipsexpert.com
squashbanana

squashbanana

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHICKEN OR EGG?   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 pm

sharetips333 wrote:
Chickens are amazingly complex creatures, with their hollow bones, intricate feathers, four-chambered heart, continuous air intake, high metabolism, complex brain, good hearing, superb color vision, etc. Modern domestic chickens aren't very good flyers, having been bred to stay home, but neither were the recently wild forefathers of chickens from which they were bred. Everything about a chicken suggests careful design.

For now, this is all I will say: Could the complexity of the chicken be the result of millions of years of gradual improvement?
Back to top Go down
Pripyat
Pripyat

DEBATES Points : 5251

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: 0.0   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Something tells me that guy was a one-post user... I guess we'll just leave squashbanana's question open, as I have no idea how to respond myself. I really haven't put much though into this debate over God.
Back to top Go down
squashbanana

squashbanana

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHICKEN OR EGG?   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:52 pm

I hope he comes back; I really want to continue this discussion with him. He seems to have confidence in what he's taking about.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5351

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: I agree   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

I agree with you, squashbanana. I really do hope he returns. The debate you two could have held had great potential. It's too bad when people say something on a forum and never come back. What a disappointment! xD

Although, for now, I do have hope that he may resume this discussion — it hasn't been that long. It's just that a lot of people on the site haven't returned to add to their arguments.
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

CHICKEN OR EGG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHICKEN OR EGG?   CHICKEN OR EGG? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHICKEN OR EGG?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DEBATES :: General :: Off Topic-
Jump to: