DEBATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to voice your opinion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlog

Genetic Engineering

Go down 
3 posters

Do you approve of genetic engineering?
 Yes
 No
 Under certain circumstances
 Unsure
View results
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

DEBATES Points : 5351

Genetic Engineering Empty
PostSubject: Genetic Engineering   Genetic Engineering Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 pm

The scientific community is notorious for its controversial inventions. Genetic engineering is one their latest scientific feats, but it is also one of the most debated. Some say it can introduce ameliorated traits in organisms, but others say that it's a crime against nature and that the cons outweigh the pros.

Tell us what you think. Do you approve of genetic engineering?
Back to top Go down
https://debates.forumotion.net
Scout
Scout

DEBATES Points : 5217

PostSubject: Re: Genetic Engineering   Genetic Engineering Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:46 am

This is a good one. Genetic engineering to make a person superhuman or have some special traits, in my opinion, is wrong. If we weren't created a certain way, we shouldn't be changing this. Who knows what could go wrong?

Genetic engineering can be used under certain circumstances, of course! If a fetus or whatever looks like it's gonna be born with some mental/physical problem, maybe genetic engineering is the right solution! Maybe children of the people who are dumb enough to smoke and drink while pregnant will still have good lives! I do see the problems though, why would the parent get the genetic engineering? I'm sure you can see what I'm driving at though.
Back to top Go down
Pripyat
Pripyat

DEBATES Points : 5251

PostSubject: It's already here   Genetic Engineering Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Since 1994, we've been eating genetically modified foods. The thing is, those foods were altered so they could nourish us as effectively as possible and so they could be resistant to insecticides and insects. But those are only the plants. Animals are modified to increase their size, breast milk generation, and things of that sort. That is getting into the world of animal cruelty.

Though, genetic engineering is an important part of biological researching and can help the health of humans by replacing defective genes with good ones, for instance. But there's such a thing as too much science and not enough nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genetic Engineering   Genetic Engineering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genetic Engineering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DEBATES :: Debates :: Science and Technology-
Jump to: